Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Utilitarian thinking...

...one of the joys for me of this blog is that when you have a blog called 'Doing the Right Thing' it serves as a big HTML coded excuse to keep trying to lead an ethical life. For all of us, there are always more things we could be doing.

The other day someone was smugly sounding off about switching everything off at the mains and never ever leaving a light on. I hope they do do that - its a good thing to do and I wish I could do the same. I do try, by the way, but really, remote controls are the disabled womans (or mans for that matter) best friends. But anyway, this meant I got to thinking about the fact that I haven't been as careful as I should be about choosing my utility suppliers.

So I'm going to work my way through them. Water - well that's a lost cause, and the council tax is non negotiable. But this week - electricity. Currently we're with Powergen and I rang them today to ask about their green tariff so I could compare the cost to Juice - which is administered by npower who I'd happily drop off a cliff. So it would only be a little change - and I'm sure we'll make it but it doesn't really feel like enough.
Who Links Here