Friday, April 28, 2006

what in the world would you do?

So I've had two situations lately which I'm not sure I handled in the best way possible. Life has been a bit stressful lately hence the lack of blog posts. So I thought I'd run them by you for a bit of constructive criticism.... One today - one another day.

So I'm at WHSmiths, a large chain newsagents for any non brits, looking at magazines, with my large powered wheelchair facing the magazine rack with my PA. I'd moved fully to allow a pram to pass, and then gone back to looking at the magazines. Its a busy time, there isn't much space, but I don't quite know what I want.

Two minutes later I get patted on the shoulder by an older (50?) man who rather curtly asks 'Why don't I sit sideways on to the magazine rack?'

'Because I wouldn't be able to see them' I reply, at which he looks embarrassed, pats me on the arm, and walks off.

I may have been a bit more sarcastic than absolutely necessary - but I wasn't unreasonable was I? It would have been possible for a pedestrian to go behind me?
Who Links Here