Saturday, February 04, 2006

wistfulness...

...the Doctor has gone away for a week. A WEEK people! This is not good.

Its not that I can't manage by myself, or that I'm not Ms Independent, it's just that the basic reason I married him is that things are more fun when he's here. I really never thought I'd be the kind of woman who gets a touch mopey when her partner left, but turns out? I am. The moping passes though - and I have a few of my favourite things to see me through.

Raindrops on roses and honey on toast
Wintery walks wrapped up by the coast
Pesto in sandwiches, children who sing,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Live music, festivals, crisp apple strudel,
Talking and laughing and tom yum with noodles
Long night time beach strolling, sparkley earrings,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Gaming and blogging, pcs without crashes,
Snow-flakes that stay on my nose and eye-lashes,
Walking in sunshine and tiffin eating,
These are a few of my favorite things,

When the dog bites,
When the bee stings,
When The Doctor goes,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel, so bad.

Who Links Here