Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Old news but....

...still relevant. I don't really pretend that this is a particularly feminist blog, particularly as there are better ones out there, but stories like this are enough to raise my fettle.

In a past life I was involved with supporting rape survivors and it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I realise that the statistics in such an article are massaged to support the articles theme but even bearing that in mind there are too many women and girls (and men, but not to the same numbers) subject to sexual violence.

In the article Yvonne Roberts asks what can be done about it and I have to say that's got me stumped. Perhaps making sure it is no longer a source of humour to the few, would be a start. And if everyone believed it to be a problem.

Yes Jim Davidson, I Mean You.

So what's to be done? How can the situation improve?
Who Links Here