Saturday, August 06, 2005

Bookishness...

...I'm sure there's a quote somewhere about bookishness being unladylike you know. However, I'm Not Good at finding quotes on the interwebnet. I'm not even good at finding funny ones in order to illustrate this fact...

I love books, I do, and had considered setting up a purely book blog, but I haven't. I don't really feel I have enough time to devote to THIS blog, let alone a second. But perhaps brace yourself for some incoming book related posts. I might even work out how to tag them book related, so you can gorge on book posts, or simply avoid them all together...

Any- hoo...

I have to confess that I did find the Bridget Jones novels quite entertaining. Not great fiction, and not even perhaps in my top 50 books, but they certainly raised a giggle. When Fieldings next book, Olivia Joules and The Overactive Imagination came out I read some dreadful reviews and decided to pass. However, I was wrong. I just got it out of the library and read the whole thing in bed. It was very tightly written, laugh out loud funny, and an easy read without being glaringly chicklit - ie she really was a self sufficient woman who made mistakes, but ultimately got herself out of sticky situations. The romance element is perhaps more predictable, but doesn't dominate the book.

A perfect foil for the autumnal weather we're having at present....
Who Links Here