Thursday, August 04, 2005

And on a lighter note....

What would you imagine a typical Chilean dish to me? If you're like me - markedly like a Mexican one.

Turns out I'm completely wrong. Chilean PA taught me to make tuna omelette. Not a combination which would spring immediately to mind, but apparently its as typical as typical can be.

Grate one carrot, finely dice half a red pepper and fry it up with some garlic. Mix with three cans of drained tuna, what appears to be too much coriander and three eggs and two desert spoonfuls of flour. Make patties out of rather wet mix, fry for about 5 minutes on each side. Or if you're feeling really keen, make a giant one.

Suggest a lighter pan than I have for this.

Serve, again typically apparently, with mashed potatoes.

Devour.

(Also works with cauliflower, apparently but haven't tried it yet. Beware, future houseguests)
Who Links Here