Thursday, June 16, 2005

Making Poverty History...

I really want poverty to be Made History. From my limited economic knowledge, and from the advice of trusted sources, I think that cancelling debt would be a Good Start. I believe there's more that can be done in terms of managing farming subsidies.

But I don't know what else I can do. I tried voting for a differnet government, I wrote to my evil MP.

I have a wristband. And one on my blog.

I wear my wristband, although its under my sleeve (by accident - bloody weather - rather than design) I bought it from The Body Shop, which I generally feel to be a good place. I read the packaging though - and its made in China. Obviously my £1.50 is going to support the campaign, which is a Good Thing, but I'm not sure why I'm wearing it. Is there anyone left who doesn't know that there's a crisis in Africa (let alone everywhere else)? Is it just that we don't care enough to do anything about it? I can't help thinking that wearing my wristband won't really make much difference.

Or is that thought too depressing for words?

Perhaps it should make me feel smug. It certainly doesn't.
Who Links Here