Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Books, etc.

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book would you want to be?
Blimey. Never heard of Fahrenheit 451. But I want to read it now. I think I'd be Unless by Carol Shields. Probably not as profound as felicitys choice but I love every word of that book.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
No - don't think so. I think I'm a fairly visual person.

The last book you bought is:
Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula leGuin for book group. If any of you want it - drop me a line. Seriously.

The last book you read:
The preceding Janet Evanovich - Hard Eight. Before that - Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood which was excellent. Loved it. Excellent website here, if you've got a moment.

What are you currently reading?
To the Nines - by Janet Evanovich. Again. Its cos I'm poorly. Again.

Five books you would take on a desert island:
I'm going to do these quickly or else I'll never make a decision...
High Fidelity - Nick Hornby
Duet - Carol Shields
Breathing Lessons - Anne Tyler
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time - Mark Haddon
Falling Angels - Tracy Chevalier
(with Miss Garnet's Angel by Salley Vickers as an alternate as the book I was most surprised to like. Ever.)

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 people) and why?
Well Daisy and felicity have done this one, and Zinnia and Rhea another - so I'm not sure. I'd love to know what badger girl, Deirdre and Starbuck were reading,
Who Links Here