Monday, March 07, 2005

Joking aside...

... I was listening to the radio this morning and heard a variant on one of my favourite jokes - the 'what do you call a man with a spade/seagull on his head/rabbit up his bum?' genre. I love jokes, me, and often imagine having a comedy blog. Ah, one day. I laugh all the time, whenever I can and try to use humour at work and at play whenever is appropriate.

The variant joke is a 'what do you call a woman' variant. I like it as its non sexist, and sometimes its hard to find non sexist, non racist, non prejudicial jokes. Quite often though you can just change the joke slightly to avoid the stereotype and its still just as funny. Maybe that makes me puritanical - I don't think so though. I think its just that I get tired of the prejudice as I go about my everyday life, and so when I laugh I like to laugh at the details of life, the minutiae, and with not at people.

So in case you weren't listening to the radio this morning -

What do you call a woman with two toilets on her head?
Who Links Here