Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Good things..

...some days I don't really get much of a chance to do Good or Right things. I hope on those days that this doesn't mean I do wrong things or bad things, but sometimes things just seem less righteous than others.

Today I have been pottering around at home while we had double glazing fitted - guttering tomorrow. Plus another new PA - so far so good. I want to write about using PA's, and am trying to find the words to do so without sounding self pitying or whatever. I did worry about the 'rightness' of having double glazing fitted - but decided that the benefits of energy conservation would outweigh the environmental issues of the double glazing. Plus we used a local firm rather than a big national - I think this is the best thing to do as its supporting local business plus meaning we got to avoid the sales patter of the national firms.

My other grumpy moment was discovering that the outgoing PA had eaten none of the veg I'd left for her - so after throwing half of it in the compost bin I decided to experiment tonight and made a sort of vegetable crumble. It was a complete success - I thoroughly recommend sauteing a load of left over veggies with a bit of stock, some tinned butter beans, a whole load of dried herbs and garlic, topping it with some oats, some toasted sesame seeds (I would have used sunflower seeds ideally, but somehow keep buying sesame seeds) and some blue cheese and baking it in the oven for about 20 mins. I do love it when a plan comes together!
Who Links Here