Sunday, December 05, 2004

Books...

... Sorry for the extended silence - my mother has been here. She's a bit of an eccentric - and likes nothing more than to thrash me at scrabble a few times each visit. I tend to find that takes all the words out of me. I used to be a dreadful loser - I'm a bit better now I think but sadly out of practice as my friends fall into two camps regarding me and games. They either remember my game playing as a child and avoid the issue or I'm too embarrassed to ask them just in case I forget myself and slam a door when I lose....

I seem to have had dreadful taste in books lately. There's a literary theory isn't there that there's only seven stories and all books are a version thereof? I seem to have been plunged into the dull, tedious and overly self reverential types. One real joy though - Clare Morralls 'Astonishing Splashes of Colour' - possibly more appealing to a female readership but definitely not chicklit. Am seeking literary solace in the Dark Materials trilogy.

And if you haven't read those, then please, turn off your computer and read them now.

Reading recommendations welcomed. Probably best I don't offer any though...
Who Links Here