Sunday, October 24, 2004

Comedic days...

Undoubtedly, some days are funnier than others. I like it that way - it puts a big smile on my face.

We knew it was going to be one of 'those' days when The Doctor went over to Waitrose at 9.30am to buy some food and so on for our friend T who was coming home from holiday today. This would have been a more successful strategy I'd imagine if it wasn't the fact that Waitrose in Birdyville doesn't open til 10 on a Sunday.... So The Doctor went back at 10 (meaning we were late leaving to go and see our friends The Doctors) and rushed the bits and bobs over to T's house. Meeting T on the way. The element of surprise wasn't quite there, although T was really pleased.....

We set off about 45 minutes late - but made good time and for the first time ever actually arrived early. One area in which The Doc and I differ is in the playing of car games. I love a good car game - and particular specialities being Unholy Alliances (e.g. what would happen if you crossed Missy Elliott with REM) and Inappropriate Cover Versions (e.g.what would a cover of 'My Heart Will Go On' sound like if undertaken by ZZ Top) so I was quite surprised he agreed to a discussion on Desert Island Discs.Which petered out rather when he asked if he could have Emilia Fox as his luxury....

So we arrived early, and in order to prepare our friends for the shock The Doctor went round to tell them we were here and to find out where to park, leaving me in the car. The posh new car with remote locking and an alarm. And a red flashing light inside demonstrating when the alarm is set. Which when I leant towards it, meant the alarm went off, which meant I had to sit there like a wally with the alarm going off til he got back....
Who Links Here