Saturday, September 11, 2004

Fear and foxes..

Sometimes, pathetically, I don't do the right thing because I worry that the comeback will be a problem. I realise this makes me a wimp of the worst possible kind. I've had a few rants ready on emotive subjects like animal testing, rights to life and so on and resisted as I understand the volume of spam you can receive afterwards can be outrageous, and I worry that this can dilute the message. It occurred to me in the shower this morning that actually, the opposite is probably true.
So it seems that with a UK election now under discussion Big Tone is now back to thinking about fox hunting. Predictable in that it was the subject that encouraged lots of people to vote for him, and presumably he's going to ban it just to keep those people on board for the next election.
I'm definitely not a fan of fox hunting. I don't believe its a boon to the rural economy, I do think its cruel and that a country's actions do reflect on its moral views. However, how can he possibly justify thinking that this is the most important focus for the government's attention at present? Yes he should have fulfilled on his election promises, which I'm ashamed to say I can't remember, but surely at present any spare energy should be put into either putting Iraq back together now he and Georgie boy have had their fun, or sorting out any of the myriad social problems in the UK. It occurred to me that in Britain fox hunting is probably an election deal breaker - which having spent 10 minutes trying to think of a witty and erudite phrase - Simply Does My Head In.
Who Links Here