Thursday, July 08, 2004

Going to America..

... next week - actually on Saturday. I was really looking forward to it but have ended up spending about the last 24 hours in heated discussion about various access arrangements which I was SURE were agreed when the room was booked. So my week off to calm down hasn't been particularly calm.

The last time I went to the states, I had my handbag stolen, two days before leaving from a convent on Easter Sunday. My handbag containing my passport, credit cards and travellers cheques. For £30. Now that was stressful.

So its hard not to start really panicking. I think though, that everything will be OK. And its put me off worrying about my presentation - which The Doctor is lovingly sticking onto coloured cheat cards for me as we speak.

I wasn't sure about going to the US bearing in mind the Dubya situation; this conference is on inclusive education so on balance I think it will do more good than otherwise. I'm looking forward to learning a lot. However, seeing as I seem to attract stress whenever I go there, perhaps I ought to see the signs.

So I'm sorry if I'm not around too much over the next few weeks. Please keep in touch - I will, as they say, be back.

And if you want to hear my Schwarzenegger dream anecdote, you'll have to beg.
Who Links Here