Monday, May 31, 2004

Off topic...

Well, today's musings aren't really on the theme of being good, although I do wonder if it is possible to go off topic in your own blog. Presumably this is my zone, therefore I'm queen of the zone, so I'm not off topic. Oh well, take it as a warning that I may not end up talking about the doing of righteous things.

Speaking of unrighteous things, my laptop is rather unhappy today. I think I may have eaten one flapjack too many while leaning over it...

I can't decide how I feel about the layout of my blog. I had to have it pointed out to me - thanks Mr Zip - that the green was a bad idea. I spend all my time at work advising people about layout of text and advising against certain things - in particular red/green colour-blindness. So its probably a good job that this is an anonymous blog, or my boss, the Great Leader would tell me off. Or laugh at me, at least. So in the mean time, bear with me while I try to improve things.

So today has not been a particularly righteous day. Its hard to be righteous while reading 'The Corrections' - there simply isn't enough time in the day. Its a fantastic book, by the way.

So, right things then. Well my hippo did arrive and looks suspiciously like a thick plastic bag. I think The Doctor has fitted it, and so far no ill effects. Just as the people who live with me began to look gaunt I picked a supermarket I didn't hate - Sainsburys - and did some food shopping. I wimped out of buying fair trade bananas - was a bit close to pay day. I'm annoyed with myself now though. I did get some wild farmed Alaskan salmon though - which looks yummy so far. I haven't tried it yet though.
Who Links Here